The ideal candidate should be a go-getter and a self-starter with a demonstrated ability
to work successfully with new technologies in ambiguous situations. He/She will manage
and execute the design process of STM32 based microcontroller, responsible for the
development, test, release, and support of embedded firmware.
• Involved in Strategic Planning, Architecture Integration and Implementation Planning,
write development plans and define theory of operations.
• The individual will need to have good knowledge in STM32 ARM based microcontroller
systems, other ARM MCU expertise is also considered.
• Architect embedded firmware, from high-level task scheduling to low level HALs.
• Work with microcontroller IDEs: IAR (strongly preferred) or KEIL, using CubeMX for new
designs and prototyping, and utilizing HAL library by ST (preferred).
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in electrical/Electronic Engineering with 8+ years’
experience in structured design, OOD (Object Oriented Design) (e.g., code reusability),
and best practices for embedded systems.
• Good hands-on experience in C/C++.
• Strong understanding of embedded hardware, optimization of firmware for energy
conservation and operating system fundamentals including schedulers, network stack,
file system and memory management.
• Strong understanding in MCU peripherals (e.g., counters, PWM, ADC, etc.), and the use
of DMA (Direct Memory Access) and interrupt handling techniques.
• Familiar with common electronic components and comfortable reading circuit design
• Experience utilizing various microprocessors, such ARM CortexM3/M4, ARM7, ARM9,
etc. DSP is a plus.
• Highly experienced with standard communication protocols/data links such as UART,
SPI, and I2C and USB. Knowledge in Bluetooth, BLE, NFC and WiFi is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with proficiency in the use of high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, waveform generators, JTAG, and debugging tools.
• Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including use of timers,
interrupts, hardware peripherals such as SPI controllers and ADCs, bootloaders.
• Good documenting skills using UML flow diagrams, state diagrams, use cases and etc.
• Possess strong technical competencies and analytical capabilities. A team player and able to interact effectively with all levels within the company.
• Fluent communication in English